no one has answered this question lol... btw these problems are from mathcounts and I need help with them...
the answer was 54 for those who are wondering...
forgot to login in again
Is there any way to do this problem without trig?????
Yup... I am. Forgot to login.
this question does not have an answer on AoPS. Can someone please help me, I am stuck.
you better be sorry
1. use the formula of line of symetry to find x cordanite: -b/2a
2. When you find what -b/2a is, plug it into the formula
3. set the equation to zero and find the roots
4. since the parobla has max, it is (2.45, -infinity)
1. (1.7, 2.45)
2. x = 1.7
3. (1,0) and (2.4,0)
4. (2.45, negative infinity)
however the answer is wrong
thanks so much, Cphil