Yeah, I think that is great but, I think people should still be able to ask aops questions. I suggest to not give an answer just give hints! In some of the questions, I asked I only ask for hints! I do aops, so when I have a question I ask for hints! I think asking for hints is alright! :)! But asking for the outright answer is wrong! I also think about the title thing is helpful! I don't think we should force them into having to put the exact correct title for the question, but encourage people to do it! That's my take on this problem! We should give hints and ask them to explain what they have tried. If they haven't tried anything and he is stumped give them a place to start! This is my take on this question(, its not like this has to be done!)
So we can calculate the area in the entire box first which is a 5 by 5 box meaning it has an area of 25(5*5 = 25)
Then we just find the other three right triangles and just find the area of each one of them and then subtract the area from 25.
So the first right triangle is 1*5 = 5/2 = 2.5
second right triangle is 2*4 = 8 /2 = 4
the last one 5*3 = 15/2 = 7.5
now add these areas together and get 7.5+4+2.5=14. now we do 25-14 = 11. we get 11 as our answer!
Isnt the answer 144???
1) We can choose any of the 9 numbers first. 9 choices.
(2) The second number must be one of the 6 numbers in the two other groups. 6 choices.
(3) The third number must be one of the 3 numbers in the third group. 3 choices.
(4) The fourth number must be one of the remaining 2 numbers in the first group. 2 choices.
(5) The fifth number must be one of the remaining 2 numbers in the second group. 2 choices.
(6) The sixth number must be one of the remaining 2 numbers in the third group. 2 choices.
(7) The seventh, eighth, and ninth numbers must be the 1 remaining numbers in the first, second, and third groups, respectively. 1 choice each.
The total number of arrangements is the product of all the numbers of choices:
9*6*3*2*2*2*1*1*1 = 1296/9=144