We use cookies to personalise content and advertisements and to analyse access to our website. Furthermore, our partners for online advertising receive pseudonymised information about your use of our website. cookie policy and privacy policy.
 
+0  
 
0
148
2
avatar+34 

I am working on normal models.

 

I don't understand this rule what so ever. Use the​ 68-95-99.7 rule to complete the following.

 

A weight of 13.7513.75 pounds is two standard deviations below the mean. Since 95​%

of the values fall within two standard deviations of the​ mean, the remaining 55​% are more than two standard deviations above or below the mean.

 Apr 20, 2019
 #1
avatar+105454 
+2

What's the question  ???

 

cool cool cool

 Apr 20, 2019
 #2
avatar+19786 
+2

Here is a bell curve:

the standard deviations and percentages are listed.....TWO S.D. above and below = 34.1 + 34.1 + 13.6 + 13.6 % = 95.4 %   the other  4.6% (~~5%) are either above or below 2 S.D. from the mean.....

 

 

 Apr 20, 2019

12 Online Users