+0  
 
+1
38
1
avatar+97 

A weather forecast predicts that for each day from Monday to Friday this week, there is a 40% chance of sun, a 25% chance of getting 4 inches of rain, and a 35% chance of getting 10 inches of rain. What is the expected value of the total number of inches of rain which will fall from Monday to Friday? Give your answer as a decimal rounded to the nearest tenth.

MATHEXPERTISE  Oct 22, 2018

Best Answer 

 #1
avatar+2714 
+1

\(E[R] = 5((0.4)\cdot 0 + (0.25)\cdot 4 + (0.35)\cdot 10)~in = 22.5~in\)

Rom  Oct 22, 2018
 #1
avatar+2714 
+1
Best Answer

\(E[R] = 5((0.4)\cdot 0 + (0.25)\cdot 4 + (0.35)\cdot 10)~in = 22.5~in\)

Rom  Oct 22, 2018

22 Online Users

avatar
avatar

New Privacy Policy

We use cookies to personalise content and advertisements and to analyse access to our website. Furthermore, our partners for online advertising receive information about your use of our website.
For more information: our cookie policy and privacy policy.