+0  
 
0
167
4
avatar

The length of each edge of a cube is decreased by . By what percent does the volume of the cube decrease? Express your answer to the nearest tenth.

 Jun 4, 2020
 #1
avatar+179 
-1

What is it decreased by?

 Jun 4, 2020
 #2
avatar
0

The length of each edge of a cube is decreased by 40%.By what percent does the volume of the cube decrease? Express your answer to the nearest tenth.

 Jun 4, 2020
 #3
avatar+933 
0

Volume of a cube is side s^3.

 

thus (0.6s)^3 = 0.216 * s^3.

 

Thus we have 216/1000 = 21.6% remaining so 78.4% decreased.

 

I think.

 

Or.

 

10cm/side.

 

1000 cm^3.

 

6^3 = 216.


Yup.

 

If you don't understand anything feel free to ask.

 Jun 4, 2020
 #4
avatar
0

What is the volume of a cube if the cube diagonal is decreased by 40% ?  smiley

Guest Jun 4, 2020

17 Online Users

avatar
avatar