We use cookies to personalise content and advertisements and to analyse access to our website. Furthermore, our partners for online advertising receive pseudonymised information about your use of our website. cookie policy and privacy policy.
 
+0  
 
-1
705
4
avatar+173 

Eighty thousand whales live in the waters near Iceland. By what percent will that number be reduced, if after 10 years only 76,000 whales will remain?

 Mar 4, 2016

Best Answer 

 #1
avatar+4152 
+8

95% of the whales will be dead leaving only 5% of the whole population left.

80,000/76,000=1.05263157895

Then 100/1.05263157895 which equals 95%

 Mar 4, 2016
edited by zegroes  Mar 4, 2016
 #1
avatar+4152 
+8
Best Answer

95% of the whales will be dead leaving only 5% of the whole population left.

80,000/76,000=1.05263157895

Then 100/1.05263157895 which equals 95%

zegroes Mar 4, 2016
edited by zegroes  Mar 4, 2016
 #2
avatar+5259 
+5

Opposite of that is correct. 5% of the whales are dead, while 95% are alive.

Unit rate of years to whales dead.

1 year=400 dead whales.

rarinstraw1195  Mar 4, 2016
 #3
avatar+4152 
0

Lol dude. Use logic (Not calling you stupid) Only 4,000 whales are alive out of 80,000! That's too big of a jump to say that only 5% has died. 

zegroes  Mar 4, 2016
 #4
avatar+102320 
+10

( [80000 - 76000] / 80000) x 100%  =    5%  reduction

 

 

cool cool cool

 Mar 4, 2016

5 Online Users

avatar