+0  
 
0
149
3
avatar

At a hospital, 56 percent of the babies born are boys. Of the baby girls born, 12 percent are premature. What is the probability of a premature baby girl being born at this hospital? Round to the nearest percent.

 Apr 4, 2020
 #1
avatar+1968 
+1

Take a look at this:

 

https://brainly.com/question/2502097

 Apr 4, 2020
 #2
avatar+252 
0

If there is a 56% chance of being a boy, then there is a 44% chance of being a girl. Out of those girls, 12% of them hav a chance to be premature. So 44% times 12%=5.28%. That rounded to the nearest whole number is

6 %

 

smileysmileysmiley

 Apr 4, 2020
 #3
avatar+23697 
+1

.44 * .12 = .0528      5.28%      5% rounded

ElectricPavlov  Apr 4, 2020

23 Online Users

avatar
avatar
avatar
avatar