+0  
 
0
60
1
avatar

A stock loses 10% of its value on Monday. On Tuesday it loses 20% of the value it had at the end of the day on Monday. On Wednesday it loses 30% of the value it had at the end of the day on Tuesday. What is the overall percent loss in value from the beginning of Monday to the end of Wednesday?

 Jun 12, 2021
 #1
avatar+33757 
+1

x = beginning value

 

.9x     after monday      (10 % loss leaves 90 % value)

 

.9x  * .8    after tuesday

 

.9x * .8 * .7   after wed    = .504x     is the value on Wed    a loss of   49.6 %

 Jun 12, 2021

8 Online Users

avatar