+0  
 
0
72
3
avatar

In a chess club, 75% of the members are boys. Of these boys, 8% have hazel eyes. If 6 boys have hazel eyes, how many people are in the chess club

 Aug 3, 2021
 #1
avatar+76 
-5

6 boys is 8%of boys, thus 100%of boys is 75 boys.

 

75% of people accounts for 75 boys, so it's easy to see the other 25% accounts for 25 girls, and that should be enough information to solve the question

 Aug 3, 2021
 #2
avatar+32561 
+2

Let P be the number of people and B be the number of boys:

 

We are told:  B = 0.75*P

 

and that       0.08*B = 6

 

Find B from the second equation and substitute that back into the first equation to find P.

 Aug 3, 2021
 #3
avatar+34382 
+1

8 % of 75% of  'x' is equal to 6

(.08)(.75)x = 6

x = 6/(.08(.75)) = 100 people

 Aug 3, 2021

38 Online Users

avatar
avatar