+0  
 
0
88
1
avatar

In my class, 60% of the students only like skating and the other 40% students only like skiing. 20% of the students like skating are girls and 50% of the students like skiing are boys. What percentage of girls like skating?

 Aug 11, 2020
 #1
avatar
0

Assume you have 100 students:
0.6 x 100  = 60 students like skating only.
0.4 x 100  = 40 students like skiing only.
0.2 x 60    = 12 girls who like skating.
0.5 x 40    = 20 boys who like skiing.
1 - 12 / 60 =20% of ALL students, who like skating, are girls. OR:
2 - 12 / 100 = 12% of ALL students in your class, who like skating, are girls.
Choose between (1) and (2) above, depending on what is meant.

 Aug 11, 2020

34 Online Users

avatar
avatar
avatar
avatar