+0  
 
0
39
2
avatar

1. In January the worth of a stock decreased by 40% and in February it increased by 50%, What is the net percentage change in the worth of the stock in the two-month period?

2. On a test, the average score of 12 boys in a class is 92 and the average score of 8 girls in the class is 96. What is the average score of the entire class?

 Oct 10, 2020
 #1
avatar+27725 
+1

1   x = stock price

     40% decrease    leaves 60% value   =  .6x

     then a 50% increase         .6x  *   1.5 = .9x     .9 means the stock is worth 90% of its original price (10 decrease from original price)

 Oct 10, 2020
 #2
avatar+27725 
+1

2  I assume there is only the 20 students in the class

        CUMULATIVE average

                ( 12*92   +   8 * 96 ) / ( 12 + 8 ) = ...........

 Oct 10, 2020
edited by ElectricPavlov  Oct 10, 2020

33 Online Users

avatar