We use cookies to personalise content and advertisements and to analyse access to our website. Furthermore, our partners for online advertising receive pseudonymised information about your use of our website. cookie policy and privacy policy.
 
+0  
 
0
201
2
avatar

A company is deciding whether to invest in a new business. There is a 35% chance that the company will lose $15000, a 25% chance that the company will break even, and a 40 % chance that the company will make $45000. Should company executives decide to invest in the opportunity?Explain.

 Jan 19, 2019
 #1
avatar+876 
-1

35%<40% and the rewards are greater, so the company should invest.

 

You are very welcome!

:P

 Jan 19, 2019
 #2
avatar+6009 
+1

\(\text{You want the expected value of the amount of money that will be made}\\ E[M] = (0.35)(-\$15000) + (0.4)(\$45000) = \$12750\\ \text{The expected value shows a profit and thus the investment should be made}\)

.
 Jan 19, 2019

26 Online Users

avatar