1. An urn contains 6 red, 5 blue and 2 green marbles. If2marbles are picked at random,what is the probability that both are red?
2. At an ice-breaker event, ten people are randomly assigned to seats at a round table. Patrick and Randy are two of those ten people and they cannot stand each other. What is the probability that they don’t sit next to each other?
3. There are 13 playing cards facing down, and they are all of the heart suit (Ace of Heart, 2 of Heart, 3 of Heart, etc). The cards had been randomly shuffled and one card at a time is revealed. What is the probability that the last card to berevealed is the Queen of Heart?
4. There are 4 balls in a bag, each of a different color. 4 balls are picked out of the bagrandomly, one at a time, and after the color is recorded, the ball is put back into thethe bag. What is the probability that the same ball was picked 4 times?
5. Each year on Groundhog Day, the famed Punxsutawney Phil will make a prediction whether the winter will be longer that year. If Punxsutawney Phil made theYay-or-Nay decision completely randomly and with a 50% chance of going either way, whatis the probability that Punxsutawney Phil would predict longer winters 4 years in aroll?