My clock chimes two times 15 minutes after the hour, four times 30 minutes after the hour and six times 45 minutes after the hour. The clock also chimes eight times on each hour in addition to chiming the number of times equal to the hour. (So at 2:00 p.m., the clock chimes times.) Starting at 12:05 a.m., how many times does the clock chime in a 24-hour period? Thanks so much :D!
There is one word missing (in the brackets)
I think it is meant to be 8+2=10 ?
You can answer some questions for me:
1) If there was no extra chimes on the hour, how many chimes are there for every hour?
2) How many chimes in 24 hours (without the extra ones) ?
3) If there is one extra at 1 oclock and 2 extra at 2 oclock ...... up to 12 extra at 12oclok. How many extra is that in 12 hours?
4) How many extra is that in 24 hours.?
5) So how many times did the chime strick in 24 hours?
Please no ne except Evan answer (unless you see an error in my logic)
Evan, please answer the questions one at a time so I can follow your logic.
@Melody Im so sorry that I forgot to include that 8+2=10 my mistake :(. Okay, I will try to answer your questions.
Question 1: So in 1 hour, 2+4+6=12
Question 2: So in 24 hours, it will be (2+4+6)12=144
Question 3: That would be 1+2+3+4...+11+12=(1+12)12/2=78 extra
Question 4: I think that would be just 78*2=156 extra in 24 hours.
Question 5: 144+156=300 chimes in 24 hours?
Please Tell me my errors if I have any. THANK YOU MELODY!
So all I need to do is add eight to my answer right? And Big thanks to you :D:D