Hey, I just need assistence in Geometry (not my best subject). Any help is much appreciated, thanks so much!
1. Circle 1 has center (-4,5) and a radius of 6cm. Circle 2 has (2,-3) and a radius of 9cm. What transformations can be applied to circle 1 to prove that the circles are similar? Enter your scale factor as a fraction in simplest form.
- The circles are similiar because the transformation rule ( , ) can be applied to circle 1 and then dialate it using a scale factor of __?
2. Why is circle 1 similar to circle 2?
Circle 1: center (2,3) and radius 4
Circle 2: center (2,3) and radius 12
Options: Circle 2 is dialation of Circle 1 with a scale factor of 8, Circle 2 is a dialtion of Circle 1 with a scale factor of 3, Circle 1 and Circle 2 have the same center, or Circle 1 and Circle 2 are reflections of each other?
3. Which transformations can be used to show that Circle P is similar to Circle Q. Choose all that apply.
Options: Circle Q is a translation of Circle P 6 units left, Circle Q is a dilation of Circle P with a SF of 7, Circle P is a dialation of Circle Q with a scale factor of 24, and Circle Q is a translation of Circle P 6 units up.
4. According to these three facts, which statements are true? Select each correct answer.
*Circle M has center (1,10) and radius 12
*Circle N is a translation of Circle M, 1 unit left
*Circle N is a dialation of Circle M with a scale factor of 3
Options: Circle N and Circle M have equal diameters, the radius of Circle N is 12, the center of Circle N is (0,10), and Circle N and Circle M are similar.
&5. Suppose x is any positive number.
Circle 1: center (0,0) and radius 2x
Circle 2: center (0,0) and radius 10x
Why is Circle 1 similar to Circle 2?
Circle 2 is a dialation of Circle 1 with a SF of 0.2, Circle 1 and Circle 2 have equal areas, both circles have congruent diameters, or Circle 2 is a dialation of Circle 1 with a scale factor of 5?
Come on guest, I always get upset when people do this.
You are meant to be using us to help you learn not to do all your homework for you!!
Ask one question, ask questions about the answer, say thank you, give points, think about the answer, then try the next one by yourself before you ask how to do it.
That is the polite way and that is the way that will help you most!
If I had my way, questions like this would be blocked but this is a democratic system and some people just like to show off that they can do it so I will leave it alone. Pity, I would like this site to teach you, not just provide a cheating tool for you to use.