+0  
 
0
84
1
avatar

At a concert for the band Algal Rhythms, 75% of the tickets were sold at the full price of 20 dollars. The remaining 25% of tickets were sold at a discounted price of 15 dollars. What was the average selling price of a ticket at the Algal Rhythms concert? Express your answer in dollars, rounded to the nearest cent. 

 Jul 11, 2022
 #1
avatar+124676 
+1

Let us suppose that N tickets were sold

 

Then

 

[ .75N*20  +  .25N* 15 ]  / N  =

 

N [ 15  + 3.75 ] / N   =

 

15 + 3.75  =

 

$18.75  =  average  selling price

 

cool cool cool

 Jul 11, 2022

20 Online Users