Here are a couple challenge problems that I think are fun to solve.
1. The percent return rate of a growth fund, income fund, and money market are 10%, 7%, and 5% respectively. Suppose you have 3200 to invest and you want to put twice as much in the growth fund as in the money market to maximize your return. How should you invest to get a return of 250 dollars in 1 year?
2. A cereal box manufacturer makes 32-ounce boxes of cereal. In a perfect world, the box will be 32-ounce every time is made. However, since the world is not perfect, they allow a difference of 0.06 ounce. Find the range of acceptable size for the cereal box.
3. The motherboards for a desktop computer can be manufactured for 50 dollars each. The development cost is 250000. The first 20 motherboard are samples and will not be sold. How many salable motherboards will yield an average cost of 6325 dollars?
4. Baking a tray of blueberry muffins takes 4 cups of milk and 3 cups of wheat flour. A tray of pumpkin muffins takes 2 cups of milk and 3 cups of wheat flour. A baker has 16 cups of milk and 15 cups of wheat flour. You make 3 dollars profit per tray of blueberry muffins and 2 dollars profit per tray of pumpkin muffins. How many trays of each type of muffins should you make to maximize profit?
5. Suppose you interview 30 females and 20 males at your school to find out who among them are using an electric toothbrush. Your survey revealed that only 2 males use an electric toothbrush while 6 females use it. What is the probability that a respondent did not use an electric toothbrush given that the respondent is a female?
Let the amount invested in money market fund=M
Then, the amount invested in growth fund==2M
Then, the amount invested in income fund==3200 - 3M
0.05M + 0.10*2M + 0.07[3200 - 3M] ==250, solve for M
M==$650 - amount invested in money market fund
2 x $650 ==$1,300 - amount invested in growth fund.
$3,200 - [$650 + $1,300]==$1,250 - amount invested in income fund.
Do not cheat on your homework. We are not here to do your homework for you.
"Here are a couple challenge problems that I think are fun to solve. "
With Grammarly, you will never misspell "Here are some of my homework problems that I want you do for me" every again! Head over to grammarly.com to get started!
Nice ad, but on "ever again", you said "every again." That shows that you don't even use Grammerly yourself, so you should not advertise me to use Grammarly.
Why are you advertising Grammarly, when you yourself said "every" instead of "ever", plus if you want to advertise, do it somewhere else. This website is for math not for grammar.
You are just repeating what history said. Reminds me of a flock of mindless birds jumping off a cliff "monkey see, monkey do". Also, Grammarly will help you avoid egregious spelling errors such as the one that has been presented. And this website isn't for homework cheaters like you.
Oh? This website definitely isn't for advertising Grammarly, go do it somewhere else.
Oh? This website definetly isn't for homework cheating. Go do it somewhere else.
This place already has a lot of homework cheaters. You do not need to care for these homework cheaters, as they are hurting themselves asking others for answers. This is not a list of questions that come from me, my teacher, or others. This is my way of helping others improve on their skills. Thank you.
how do we know you're not a hw cheater who just doesn't want to log in and get accused. Boo hoo, so sad for you.
For the record I have not asked a single homework question on this site..
And even if I were, that does not change the fact that you are a homework cheater. Stop throwing accusations in an attempt to cover up your own failings
Do you have proof that you never made a question. In fact, why do you not blame Melody, Alan, asinus, or admin for being a homework cheater.
Eh, summer math camps exist. And different countries have different school systems.
"Well, I do not go to summer camp math classes. "
Sure, "dO yOu HaVe aNy ProOf??"
"I'm not even a middle schooler yet!"
Oh yeah... that explains a lot about your- er- shortcomings
"Also, egregious was spelled correctly. "
Thank you for noticing.
I do not think there is an a o p s account called history. At least, I do not think so. And I have no classes in zoom.
If you were cheating on another website, I don't think you would use the same username as ao ps.
history is a total liar and cheat.
That is so valid. The whole lot: HumenBeing, SportzGuy, etc. And don't forget the homework cheater enablers!
And why, may I ask, am I a cheater? These problems I found online. Sorry if I forgot to say that I got these problems from their website. The link is:
The first one was number 25. I forgot the rest, as I do not think that you expect me to memorize all the questions I put in it.
There is something that says "Teachers! Feel free to select from this list and give them to your students to see if they have mastered how to solve tough algebra problems."