Ello, I need a little assistance here. See, Geo (Geometry) is not my thing but it is a mandatory class, so I have to get through it. However, in the process of doing so, I would like to at least try to grasp as much of it as I can. I'm just struggling with a few problems (5 tops), though, so if you could help me out, then thanks! I really appreciate it. :)
1. AD is tangent to circle B at point C. What is the measure of <BAC?
Options: 40, 50, 90, or 180 dg
2. BC is tangent to circle D at point C. The measure of <BDC is 35dg. What is the measure of <DBC?
Options: 35, 55, 90, or 180 dg
3. What is the value of n?
4. What is the value of n?
5. Which statement about BC is correct?
Options: BC is a tangent line because m<ABC is acute
BC is not a tangent line because m<ABC =/90dg
BC is a tangent line because the sum of the angles in triangle ABC is 180dg
BC is a tangent line because triangle ABC is a right angle
1. Don't know how to solve this.......maybe someone else knows....
2. m<DBC =m<DCB - m<BDC = 90 - 35 = 55
3. We can use the fact that the procucts of chord segments in a circle are equal....so
4 * 6 = 3 * n
24 = 3n divide both sides by 3
8 = n
4. Based on my answer to 3......can you do this one???....if,not....let me know....
5. BC is not a tangent line because m<ABC less than 90dg
To see this....note that the other two angles of triangle ABC = 48 + 47 = 95
So m<ABC = 180 - 95 = 85.....and remember, if BC is tangent, then m<ABC must = 90