+0  
 
0
317
1
avatar

se technology or a z-score table to answer the question.

The weights of members of a baseball league are normally distributed with a mean of 176 pounds and a standard deviation of 11.4 pounds. Consider a league membership of 120 members.

How many of the members will weigh 165 pounds or more?

 Apr 22, 2021
 #1
avatar+35061 
0

176 - 165 = 11 pounds        11/11.4   standard deviations below the mean = .9649 S.D. below the mean  (z-score)

z-score:     -.96 =  .1685    or ~ 17%   are below 165    so the rest are above   or   83 % 

 Apr 22, 2021

44 Online Users

avatar
avatar
avatar
avatar
avatar