1) When light in a medium of index n1 approaches a medium of index n2. Total internal reflection can occur if
D) none of the above
2) What is the temperature of a metallic block in thermal equilibrium with a mixture of ice and water at one atmosphere of pressure?
A) 0 F
C) 0 k
D) 100 C
3) How high do you think the earth's atmosphere extends to?
A) 1000 Km
B) about 30 km
C) 1 million meters
D) 500 m
4) What is the orbital period of the moon as it orbits the earth. [Periodic Time
A) 237 x 106 273 day
B) 1 year
D) 365 days
5) How much power is required to lift a 225 kg body 15.0 m in 5.00 s?
A) 3375 N
6) Express each of the following values using scientific notation0.0001042 mi.
A) 1 x 10-4
B) 1.042 x 10-6 mi
C) 1.042 x 10-4 mi
D) 1.042 x 10-3 mi
7) What is the force responsible for keeping the nucleus of an atom together?
B) Gravitaional Force
A) Frictional Force
D) Electromagnetic Force
C) Strong Nuclear Force
8) If the earth exerts a gravitational force of 20000 N on a satellite in its orbit, what is the force exerted by the satellite on the earth?
B) a small fraction of 1 N
C) 5000 N
D) 20000 N
9) What is the time needed for a car to increase its speed by 20 m/s at a constant acceleration of 2m/s2?
No not your physics homework
Many of these problems can be googled to find the answer.
But here is what I am getting for some of these problems.
3) OVER 9000!!! according to google, it extends around 480 km, but that's not one of the answer choices, so eh.
4) Google says 27.3 days
5) power = (Force * Distance) / (Time)
In this case, force = weight = 225, distance = 15, and time = 5
8) D (I think... becasue the satelite has to push back with the same force to stay in orbit)
9) One of the basic equations of motion is \(V_f = at + V_I\), where VF = Final velocity, VI = Initial velocity, a = acceleation, and t = time.
Plugging in the values, we get 10 seconds, A.
Hope this helps,
Your partial physician *wink wink*