We use cookies to personalise content and advertisements and to analyse access to our website. Furthermore, our partners for online advertising receive pseudonymised information about your use of our website. cookie policy and privacy policy.
 
+0  
 
0
40
1
avatar

The probability of sunshine on any given day in July for a town is 75%. The probability of rain is 25%.

 

 

What is the probability of sunshine 3 days in a row?

 

 

 

What is the probability of rain at least once during a week?

 Apr 15, 2019
 #1
avatar+99580 
+1

P(sunshine 3 days in a row)  = (.75)^3  ≈ 0.42 ≈  42%

 

P (rain at least once during the week)  = 

 

1 - P( of no rain during the week ) =

 

1 - (.75)^ 7  ≈ .87 ≈  87%

 

 

cool cool cool

 
 Apr 15, 2019

5 Online Users